Due to the current situation we are somewhat restricted as to what we can supply. However the good news is that we will soon be offering a wide range of second-hand railway books to purchase from our website when Covid-19 allows us to do so. Whilst we cannot dispatch anything at the moment we will make these available as soon as restrictions are lifted.
Needless to say, donations of railway books of any age, condition, or quantity would be much appreciated and we will arrange to collect these where possible. Unfortunately we cannot accept magazines timetables and pamphlets for re-sale.
In addition to the new books listed on our Shop Page, The Friends of the National Railway Museum have a range of over 2000 railway books, timetables and pre-1970 magazines which have been donated by members and others for sale for the benefit of the Charity's funds.
They are very competitively priced and proceeds from sales are used to support the work of the NRM.
Ordering from outside UK? Click here
An example of some of the books we will have once we can open the shop again
Second-hand Book Prices include UK postage & packing
How to order Second-hand Books on-line
Note: This ordering and payment process is only for Second-hand books; it is independant of our website "Shop" which is for new items only
* Decide which book you require from the list.
* Select the relevant book price from the drop-down list below.
(prices include UK P&P)
* Enter the Title or ISBN number of the book you require.
* Enter your contact phone number, in case we need to speak to you about your order.
* Click Add to Cart.
You will be taken to the FNRM PayPal site where you can complete your purchase using a credit/debit card or your own PayPal account..
Note: If you need more than one book, click
<<continue shopping>> and repeat until you are done!
How to order
Second-hand Books by email (UK only)
* Make a note the book(s) you require from the list on left
* Email NRM.Friends@ScienceMuseum.ac.uk
giving the Title, ID and Price of the book(s) required, and your name, address and phone number.
* A member of FNRM staff will reply to confirm the book availability, and give you details of payment required.
How to order
Second-hand Books (outside UK)
* Make a note of the book(s) you require from the list.
giving the Title, ID and UK Price of the book(s) required, and your name, address and phone number.
* A member of FNRM staff will reply to confirm availability and give you final pricing including overseas postal charges; and arrange for payment and shipping.
First, select the price of your chosen book from drop-down menu,
then enter the book Title (or number) and your phone number
then click "Add to Cart"
Since our office closed, this ordering function is temporarily disabled