Welcome to the Friends website. The Friends of The National Railway Museum (FNRM) was established in 1977 to help the National Railway Museum conserve and operate railway exhibits that might otherwise have to wait many years before returning to the public view. Members support the development of the Museum and its exhibits with financial assistance and voluntary help with Museum activities.
Membership of the Friends of the National Railway Museum brings the satisfaction of being involved in preserving, displaying and interpreting the best of Britain's heritage.
Your subscription helps to finance work in the Museum that would otherwise not be possible. The Friends contribute significant amounts to large projects and support other activities on a regular basis.
Friends also enjoy the benefit of:
- discounts which are usually offered at the Museum shop, restaurant and car park
- the NRM Review, published quarterly, which keeps Friends in touch with events in the Museum, carries information about the National Collection, features articles of general railway interest and includes authoritative reviews of books and DVDs
- opportunities to work as a volunteer in the Museum
- invitations to members' meetings in York, Shildon and London
- exclusive Friends' events.